April 18, 2020 What is unBookkeeper?
unBookkeeper is Accountalent’s bookkeeping solution for early stage startups.
unBookkeeper – what’s the story with the un?
- Un means “not”. We feel that early-stage startups may not need a bookkeeper, as bookkeeping has evolved and much of it can be done electronically.
How does it work?
- We spend about 90 minutes with you via Zoom and we implement QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- We (actually you, with our direction) electronically connect your bank, credit card, payroll, etc. accounts to QBO.
- We electronically upload all of your historical transactions, from inception, into QBO.
- We customize the QBO chart of accounts, financial statements, etc. to your business.
- We train you to be an expert in QBO (trust us, we have a 100% success rate on this one!).
What happens next?
- We set up “rules” in QBO so many of the transactions (Gusto, Brex, etc.) are electronically and automatically entered into QBO.
- You spend about 20 minutes per week accepting the electronically entered transactions (checking a box in QBO).
What else does Accountalent do for us?
- We do a thorough quarterly review.
- We are always available to pinch-hit or troubleshoot.
What happens if this becomes too much work for us?
- When the transaction volume becomes too much, we transition you to a best-of-breed cloud-based bookkeeping service, like Pilot.
How much does this cost?
- $0 if you are an Accountalent tax client.
- $650 if you are not an Accountalent tax client.
- No monthly fee.
- No consulting/hourly fee (even if you mess it up badly and we need to spend a ton of time fixing it).
- No annual fee.